Thursday, November 10, 2005

printmaking...


My favorite thing in the world is my family. Images of them fill my thoughts and my work as a student of art. I have always loved photography and portraiture. Thus I suppose my family has become the natural subject for my work, albeit cliche.
I worked with a photographer for a while doing digital imaging for his studio. He opened my eyes to the possibilities that lie within the digital world.
My studio time in school has mainly been spent as a printmaker. I have been combining photo and digital in the printmaking studio for a while now and really love it. There are seemingly unlimited possibilities for what can be created. These three disciplines are the recent focus of my art. Photos, digitally manipulated to some degree turned into a print made with ink and sweat.

No comments: