Friday, November 04, 2005

computer stuff...

Generally, this blog thing feels funny to me. Sorry for not having posted anything until now. It is new for me and I can't help, but feel like this is weird and invasive... for anyone to stumble on. I keep redrafting, but now I have decided to be free since I have to do this.

I don't mind carrying on the discussions from class in writing. Writing is kind of easy in way. I'm free to go on and on and on as I please. I always feel as though I am interrupting someone, or am interrupted when we are in our class. There is a certain incohesiveness as far as discussions go that is created, I feel, by the set- up of the room and having to look over computers to see the humans in the class. Everyone is contorted to physically relate to whomever is talking. It is funny. The whole idea I am talking about relates to the discussion in which we were all talking about the tarot cards online and how technology changes things. Well, I think that the presence of technology in our classroom effects discussion. I find myself sitting on my feet, literally, and feeling as though I need to be ultra aggressive to get a word in... and I wonder if it is worth feeling rude to get my thoughts out? I guess this blog thing might help that. Free to go on and on like I said... Perhaps technology itself is making up for its own drawbacks in some way. Hmmn... Something to think about.

No comments: