Friday, December 09, 2005

creating...

I am trying to create some cohesive element in these pieces I've been working on. Beyond the fact that they are from the same photo shoot in my yard in Novemeber, I felt as though the styles were too different. I also have been having the problem of my colors being too hot, I get that exclamation mark with the dropper everywhere. So to solve both of these dilemmas I created my own filter of sorts by adding the same layer to each work. It muted the tones and gave texture. The first one, the sepia toned one, I think I am happy with. I also like the next one, the hydrangeas... but the rosehips on the bottom are giving me a headache. There is something not quite painterly about that one and it may need to be discarded from this group. If anyone has any ideas on how to get it feeling more incorporated, speak out. Perhaps erasing the leaves???

No comments: