Tuesday, October 23, 2007

funny...

i always assume no one reads this blog...i put my work up here so that i have my images hosted. it is a place i come to view my work as an outsider...and then all of a sudden i'll speak to someone, or get a comment from someone who has read or viewed my blog...funny. i appreciate anyone taking the time to read my garble or look at my work.

thanks.

i have another show booked for 2008. a month long solo exhibition at the white heart...a very cool lounge/bar in portland. it is the reason i have begun to pump out work. well, that and the inspiration of my subject matter. i am loving it. but i feel like i have prematurely stopped working on some of the images i have recently posted simply for some girth in the size of my body of work. i feel the pieces are kind of incomplete and plan on going back to work on them before the show. but really, there isn't much time left before january...and i want all new work up.

so...i would appreciate comments. even if it feels like a negative one, or critical. i want to hear it. i have more work to do on this stuff. i know that. why don't you let me know what you think would make it all come together batter. and in the meantime i am going to keep posting myunfinished work.

ciao, bellos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is gorgeous - I love the fruit! I'm curious how your doing with your shows - hope that you write about it. I'm going to do a Spring Showcase/Treasury thing on my blog, starting 2/28 and running through the end of April - let me know if you're interested...and keep writing - I think your blog is great!

SPD said...

I, for one, am glad you leave your "garble" here on the web. I am a longtime fan and I have often wondered why and where and how and who... In fact I carry a piece or your artwork with me every day. It is a small rendering of my name in rainbow colors done with marker. It has been in my wallet since the day you gave it to me...junior year. I am in Maine too, I hope you'll email.
Love,
Shane
sduigan@hotmail.com